Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What did you say?

We have a little Christmas decoration that is a mouse holding some colored lights and is wearing a Santa hat. when you press his foot he dances back and forth and sings a verse from "Let it snow" It has always been Walker's favorite decoration. When he was little he would carry it around and play it over and over and over. Sunday he made it sing and started to sing/mumbled along. when it got to the part where it sang "And since there's no place to go..." Walker mumbled something completely different. I said "Walker, what did you say?" He looked at me with a perplexed look and softly repeated "Mexican mrfffnfnfm" I said "what?" He mumbled, "Mexicans we don't know?" I said "Is that what you think he is saying, Mexicans we don't know?" He didn't say anything he just shook his head yes. I liked that better than the real words, so now I sing "Mexicans we don't know! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Tonight I put a movie on for Shelby as I made dinner. Before the movie started, they had trailer for a kids movie. A sing along kids movie. They showed a portion of one of the songs. It had some kids and puppets singing "If you're happy and you know it" Except I swear they were singing "If your heavy and you know it..." And all of the kids they showed singing were fairly chunky. I am still not sure if they were not saying "heavy" Poor fat kids!

Which brings me to a lifelong gripe I have had. Singers who either don't sing, just talk (William Shatner is the only one who can pull that off) or just mumble their words. Most of them get thousands, millions, trillions, zillions of dollars to do what? Sing words! That's it! You are just being lazy. (Click here) I guess I am just jealous because I want to put a half hearted effort into something and get rich. I have always wondered about Shaq for this reason. He gets millions to play basketball. He's big and tall and sweaty. No one wants to try to get under the basket when he is there for those three reasons. They take no effort on his part. He is big and tall and sweaty by default. Ask him to complete a shot beyond his reach and he is hopeless. Can't make a free throw if his big, tall, sweaty butt depended on it. I would like to think that if I were paid obscene amounts of cash to make a ball go into a hoop, I would spend all day perfecting all of the different ways I could make that ball go through the hoop. The other thing about Shaq though is that his eyes are always at half mast, like he is so lazy that he couldn't even be bothered to wake up. My favorite Shaq experience (I don't watch much basketball so my stories are limited) was after a game a reporter asked Shaq what was the key factor in their victory. Shaq said "We simply out played them. Period! P-E-R- Uh, um whatever!" Great job there Shaq! It's a good thing that whole basketball thing worked out for you. An awfully good thing. (Click here)


1 comments:

Tiffani said...

Your kids are so dang cute... I love it! I'll think of Let it snow as a Hispanic Christmas song from now on. :)