Thursday, February 28, 2008

President's day


On President's day Walker asked me what you are supposed to do on President's day to celebrate the holiday. After a moment of reflection, I realized this was an opportunity to teach my son about the awesome legacy that has been bestowed upon us by many generations of this, our nation's leaders. I didn't know what sort of tradition I should enact at that moment, but as I opened my mouth the ideas flowed through me. I knew at once what tradition our family could do to instill that sort of appreciation in each of us. I told him "Walker, on President's day... the way we celebrate is to have our haircut. Not only do we have our haircut, but we eat a bowl of chili while having our haircut." I am not sure why, but he did not seem to believe me.


1 comments:

T-rev said...

Thats we have always done...?