Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chudleigh... don't go away!!!


I know how much everyone loves to hear about my snowblower. That is just how exciting we are! We got another storm yesterday. Mandy told me on when I was driving home that we got about 2 inches. When I pulled in the driveway, I actually got stuck. It was about a foot deep from drifting. Chudleigh wouldn't start. Everything looked fine. I pulled the spark plug and checked for spark. No spark, but as I was holding the tip of the spark plug to one of the metal fins on the engine, I received one hell of a shock from the spark plug cable. Cleaned the plug and tested it. Good spark now! After I reinstalled it, Chudleigh howled to life. But something sounded different. It wasn't the usual jubilant growl. It was more of a disgruntled groan.
Last week I was in St. George and Mandy had to use Chudleigh. I don't think I told her to use mix gas and it was a good possibility Chudleigh was gulping down booze straight from the bottle and not the mixed drink he so prefers. I added some oil to the gas. Not sure but he seemed happier, but not 100%. As I plowed he would just die without warning and seemed to lack power. I hope this is the last storm of the year because I fear I might have to give Chudleigh some major TLC before he is feeling his oats again. I fear that if Chudleigh dies, the only thing that can fill his place would be a four-wheeler with a plow. Second thought maybe Chudleigh should die. Ah! I have a feeling a snowblower would be just as difficult to sabotage as it is to keep one running smoothly.


1 comments:

T-rev said...

Chudleigh will live on in the hearts of those who knew him.... Or at least until we are getting 4wheeler riders around your neighborhood