Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Start


I have recently become aware of the fact that there are thing that you CAN DO and things that you CAN'T DO. After pulling myself out of a severe depression, I CAN be happy and live a good life. I CAN feel the sun shining on me again and see the beauty of this world and the many opportunites that life offers. I realize though that I CAN'T be completely happy and healthy (mentally or physically) and be FAT.
I have committed 100% to losing weight this year. I am 233 lbs and would like to be 145 lbs. by the end of the year. The reason I am putting this out here is because I know that I need the love and support of my family and friends this year as I venture into this new lifestyle. I am taking it slowly day by day, so don't be expecting anything drastic. I am planning on this being a lifetime change and I feel that I don't need to do it too quickly.
You can help me by asking me about my goals and how I'm doing in reaching them. You can ask me to go for a walk or a bike ride or to do anything active. Don't invite me to dinner and a movie. I welcome your phone calls of encouragement and need daily affirmations of the positive things about me the way I am. I would love any ideas on healthy meals and snacks, things to do to keep me active, and ways to stay focused on my goals. I truly do love life and know that to live my best life I need to lose this weight and begin a new lifestyle. I love you all. Yea! Me


2 comments:

Becca Jo said...

good job Mandy. This is always a hard goal to make and keep. What works for me is to get up and exercise in the morning 1st thing. It reminds me for the whole day to eat right and helps me drink lots of water all day. Also eat lots of fiber. And good luck. Sign up for the exercise challenge that is linked to my blog. It's nothing to hard but is a fun motivational tool. When I lots lots of weight after I had Eli I used the book "the insulin resistance diet" it was recommended by my Dr. and it worked for me. It's really cheap on amazon or the Logan library has it.

Cody & Melanie said...

YEA YOU in deed!! Wow i'm so excited for you and this new journy! You're so cute just the way you are!! You know that! With your dancing and playing with your two children you will definately be getting your exercise! It's the eating part that will get tricky!! But with education and will power I know you can do it! I checked out your friends blog pg and saw the challenge.. it sounds really cool. I wish I could start now but I have to wait a couple more months!! Then i'm with you all the way! I love you so much!! BEST OF LUCK SIS! We're behind you all the way! Slow is good.. no rush just find the joy! LOVE YOU!!