Thursday, January 17, 2008

I feel like dancin

Today was the first day of the spring semester for my dance studio. I started with my adult class at 2:00 there were four ladies that showed up. We did a five minute warm-up to the song Jump (for my love). Then we did some across the floor movement to You make me feel like dancin. I introduced the songs I'll be choreographing to which are Love Song by Sara Barelis and Fighter by Christina Agulaira. It was fun! We laughed alot and look forward to next week.
My 3:00 class is my beginners. there are four in this class they are all three years old and so cute. Of course Shelby is in this class and loved it. It went really well.
Next is my four year old class at 3:30 there are six in this class and were all with me last semester. They were excited to come to dance again. For these two classes they danced to Splish Splash to warm-up. I found a great website this week called free kids music.com and got some really fun music for little kids. We did some dancing to a song called Ants in my pants, and Can you clap? I had them do a dance step for their name and called it the name dance. Then we cooled down dancing as princesses to Whistle while you work. It was great.
I ended up combining my five to eight year old dancers, and they start at 4:30. I have seven dancers in this class, two of whom are new. I hope it will be okay merging these age groups together. We warmed up to Gettin Jiggy wit it, and then did floor movement to Undercover Creatures and Heaven they also did a Name Dance. They cooled off to Wishin and Hoping.
All of the classes went really well. I need to get on the ball with my choerography, and look forward to a great semester of dance.


2 comments:

Cody & Melanie said...

You GO GIRL! I feel like dancin now! I love all the music you've been dancin to! It sounds like it's going to be a great sememster! I'm excited that you got the moms involved! HOW FUN! I can't wait to see little Shelby! Love you...keep up the awesomness!

Becca Jo said...

Mandy, will you e-mail Jeri so she can send you the biggest loser club stuff? her e-mail is joesgirljeri@gmail.com
I'm SO gld that you are doing it too! It's going to be fun.