Sunday, April 26, 2009

I love you radio!


Yesterday when Mandy was getting ready for work, she turned on the radio. It was the Jim Brickman show. I had a question for anyone that has had the chance or listens regularly to Jim Brickman show. Does Jim Brickman ever turn on the mic without saying "Jim Brickman" less than three times?

"Hi! I'm Jim Brickman! You are listening to Jim Brickman, stay with us after these words from our Jim Brickman sponsors. I'm Jim Brickman"

I sort of wonder if he doesn't use his name like a smurf does. Smurfs were often saying things like "smurfy" in replacement of "good".

I am picturing Jim Brickman sitting in his house at the dinner table and sampling a plate of pasta. He sits up straight, smiles and claps his hands together in giddy delight. "Mmmmm! This pasta is so Jim Brickmany! I'm Jim Brickman. And this is is Jim Brickman's Jim Brickmany pasta!"

On that note, I had another question. Is Dalilah and Dr. Laura Schlezinger the same person? I can't tell the difference between their voices. Other than Dr. Laura's voice is full of angst and impatience and Dalilah sounds like she is riding on high from a fistful of relaxers.

I imagine Dr. Laura finishing her show, sighing, throwing back a large glass of wine and gulping down a handful of percocet, and saying "Mmm! Those percocet are so Jim Brickmany!" Sighing again. Melting into her chair and with a wry smile and half mast eyes saying into the mic "Hi you are listening to the Delilah show..."


3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh man, I've always thought Dalilah was on something too. Nobody is that serene.
Smurfy post.

Travis said...

Wow, these mints really bring out the Ungerman in my breath!

T-rev said...

How do I not know who Jim brickman or Dalilah is??