Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Men's restroom


For those of you who might read my stuff with any sort of regularity -- I do have an update on my experience with people using bluetooth earpieces while using a urinal next to me. I am regretful to report that almost this exact same thing has happened to me not twice. But three more times.

Luckily for me I have avoided uncomfortable moments by adopting a strict no talking at the urinal policy. Unless I am ABSOLUTELY positive I am the one being addressed.

There are plenty of reasons I am grateful I am male. I wouldn't enjoy the time spent doing hair and makeup. Fashion is an awful lot more fickle for women. A guy can buy a shirt and wear the same haircut for a decade or so and remain in fashion pretty much the whole time. Then you have Extra hormones, cramps, child birth, being attracted to stinky guys -- to name a few. But you can all be thankful you have seperate stalls in your bathrooms. Feel free to debunk me, but I understand some of your bathrooms have couches?

I can't imagine a world where guys would not completely mess that up. I have done my fair share of janitorial work and therefore seen the comparison between men's restroom and women's restroom messes.

I have used urinals and noticed urine on the wall at my eye level. I can't imagine, (nor do I want to) the scenario where some guy ends up peeing on the wall as high as high as his face.

On the opposite end of the spectrum there is chronically the puddle on the floor in front of a urinal in almost every men's restroom. Do that many men overestimate themselves?

Most urinals have so much "personal" hair in them it looks like someone dropped the floor sweepings in there after Don King got a buzz cut. Apparantly some men are experiencing hair loss in places other than on top of their head.

That's just the urinals. The toilet stalls are just as bad. I have seen turd splatter covering the entire inside of a toilet bowl. Once again, I can't imagine (nor do I care to) the situation where you achieve that sort of spray pattern. You would have too... nevermind, I don't want to think about it.

moving your attention over to the wash area there is splashed water all the way up the mirror. countertops so wet it is pooling and dripping on the floor. Guys, the sinks are for washing your hands, not bathing your German Shepard.

I say that with the utmost reservation. I don't want to discourage any hand washing that already doesn't happen. My silent fear is that the guy whizzing up on the wall is probably the same guy not washing his hands.


2 comments:

Anthony said...

Amen!! You know the situation is dyer when one must consider protective cover for their shoes. And in flip-flops, forget it. Not only does that significantly decrease the amount of rubber between you and Lake Lottawhizzy, but, at least for me, my pantlegs tend to drag on the ground with some footwear. There is few things that are worse than having wet pant legs....especially when its 97 degrees outdoors. Imma gonna puke now.

T-rev said...

At my last office we had to all share one restroom. pretty regularly we saw the toilet walls splattered and covered in fecal matter. I took note as to when it would happen and we pin pointed the culprit. It was this vegetarian guy. That is when I knew there was nothing right about not eating meat.