Sunday, April 19, 2009

True Love

I like kids because they are honest. They will tell you what they are thinking, what they said and sometimes what others said.

Friday, Mandy went with her friends to the "What women want" conference. I told them it was just a bunch of booths with my picture glued to bulletin boards. But, they wanted to go anyway.

She left the kids in my tender care. With promises of pizza looming over their heads they helped me clean the house. As promised, I made good on my pizza promise and we sat around the table eating pizza. The conversation was pretty slow as we all chomped on plain cheese pizza.

Walker broke the silence. "Hey dad, do you want to know why mom said she married you?" How could I refuse the answer to this question? I prepared for a "ah! That's sweet!" moment by readying a napkin to dab away my tears of tender appreciation. "What did she say Walker?" He gulped down a bite of pizza and said "Because you can always eat her leftovers"

Well, everyone has their talents that make their spouse appreciate them, and that is one of mine.


1 comments:

Erika W said...

I always wondered what the attraction was.....

I thought she married you for your expertise in snow blower repair.

(Just kidding, of course. You know we all think you're swell.)