Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guitar Hero


Walker has evolved so far with his Guitar Hero abilities that he has now become flagrant with his game play. He now plays behind his head and can look away from the screen while playing. I have to perfectly concentrate on every note and can only utilize my meager mental capacity for this single task at hand. Sometimes people try to talk to me while I am playing. I shout back "SHUT UP!!!! I AM PLAYING HERE!!! YOU MADE ME MESS UP!!!!" As I proceed to miss a series of notes. Walker carries on full conversations, tells stories, solves mathematical story problems and makes peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches. I was worried he would get smarter than me, so I encouraged his PlayStation use... you know, to dumb him up a bit, so I could keep a slight mental edge on him. That way, if he ever says to me "I'm going over to my friend Billy's to do homework" and I say "No you are not! Your books are on the kitchen table and I can see fireworks hanging out of your backpack!" But, I fear am done for! I am imagine it will go something like this: "Bye dad I am going over Billy's, his parents are not home, so we are going to blow up army men with these Cherry bombs... there's a good chance one of us will lose a finger or vision in one or both eyes" and I will shout "SHUT UP!!!! I AM PLAYING HERE!!! YOU MADE ME MESS UP!!!!"


2 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! You crack me up! Hey I was looking at my calender and The 16th will not work. So will the next Monday work for you guys? Let me know. jennierae_mk@yahoo.com

T-rev said...

Oh man I;m with you on the not being bothered while playing. I passed out once while Playing Hard because I had to focus all of my available brain power to playing and could no longer focus on simple tasks like breathing . I though the stars I was seeing meant I was doing well come to find out it meant my brain was not getting enough oxygen.... Oh but if you are looking to dumb up that kid of yours I hear Pokeman and U-G-O help if that does not do the trick bust out your old 8 bit Nintendo and make him play "Ghosts and Goblins" that game will turn his head to mush! and I'm walking proof of that