Sunday, January 25, 2009

Super!

There is a setting on our washing machine labeled "Super Wash". Now, I have no idea any more than dirty pig what that means, but I always make a point when I put in a load of wash to make sure that button is pushed. When you consider the alternative to super wash which is just a plain old regular wash, the choice is an easy one.

I was talking to a friend who was telling me that she went to Olive Garden and the waiter asked if she wanted a super salad. She had no idea what a super salad was, other than the fact that it was super. Given the choice of super salad opposed to... no salad, she opted for the super salad she proudly responded "Yes!" The waiter stopped taking orders and stared at her and said again "super salad?" Unsure of herself based on his reply she said again with less enthusiasm "Y-yes?" He looked at her and said it slowly this time "Soup OR salad?" As the mirage of a super salad faded away in her mind she slowly answered "salad"

I don't know what makes a super Wal-Mart more super than a regular Wal-Mart.

What makes the Super Bowl more super than just the bowl game.

What makes Super Mario Brothers Better than regular Mario Brothers.

Given the choice I would rather have Superman defending my city rather than Man defending my city.

For reasons unexplained we seem to be drawn to this ubiquitous adjective like bird poop to a freshly detailed car.

If you will excuse me, I am off to make a super salad.


3 comments:

robmba said...

Your blog is super.

T-rev said...

Super is as super does

Erika W said...

Do you know what's not super.....winter. That's all I have to say about that.