Saturday, January 10, 2009

oh lament!

I am feeling discouraged. If I were a drinking man, I have a suspicion I might be looking for the bottom of a strong beverage.
On weekends I help supervise a group of families constructing their own houses. While I was gone to work one of the guys in the group came over and borrowed my snow blower... yes, Thee Chuck. I shouldn't really comment on whether this individual is one of more favorite people in the world, because I would lie and say he was.
When I came home I went to use the snow blower and found it was out of gas. I had just filled the tank. A quick search around the garage resulted in finding both of my gas cans empty. Went to the gas station and bought more gas. I was now annoyed. Came home filled up the snow blower. Snow blower started but sounded horrible. I checked the oil. Empty. I wondered how long the engine had been running without oil. I wondered if the engine was ruined. I was now upset. Put more oil in it. It seemed to be running fine. I calmed down a bit.
I started to clear snow with it. being a self propelled snow blower it crawls its way into the piles of snow and gnaws away at anything in it's path. However, whenever it found any substantial piles of snow it would not go any further and started grinding and popping. Somehow the gears were slipping. I was angry again. I found one of the bearings was worn broken. I was convinced that if I replaced it, All would be well. Well, it's not. Something is horribly wrong with Chuck. I haven't had time to tear into it to figure out what.
I also have a coworker whose transmission went out in his car. I told him I would fix it. Last week I drove down to St. George and towed it back. and it is currently sitting in my garage waiting anxiously to be fixed.
This morning Mandy went to start our Durango. It won't start and it is back firing through the intake. I have no idea what is wrong yet. I'm not too optimistic about that either.
I like to be busy, but this is a bit out of control.
My life is starting to sound like a country song.
As a side note, don't you think Billy Ray Cyrus is the bastard child of the music industry? Anyone that professes to like country, I like to sing "Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart!" and they ALL turn red faced and scream "Billy Ray is NOT a country musician" With a name like "Billy Ray" and his twang exclude him from the rock category. No one else seems to want to claim him. Who does he belong to? Someone must pay child support for him. And what does that make Hannah Montana? Something that probably has the words "evil" and "experiment" and "Semi-gelatinous" in it's description and probably is the root cause of my problems, your problems... all of our problems.
If you will excuse me, I am going to go mope a bit and then get cracking on one of the aforementioned projects.


6 comments:

Tiffani said...

Dang... Airin and I love Chuck! I'm sorry he (along with everything else) isn't working.

Shawn said...

ummm, this may be a bad time to ask, but do you guys want to meet up in the sinks Saturday and go sleigh riding?

T-rev said...

Country music is one of the best examples I can think of for an oxymoron

Mindy said...

Hey Sterling, my dryer is on the fritz..could you come down and take care of it?

Travis said...

Take the head off ol' chuck and check the walls of the cylinder. If he ran without oil, there could be lovely scratches. Lovely scratches=poor compression. I marvel at your bravery in attempting to crack open a transmission...

Sterling said...

Mindy, sure! I got nothing going on right now.

Travis, good idea... except I am admittedly scared to see.