Thursday, April 10, 2008

Little jerk

today I had the kids in the car with me. While we were coming home both kids removed their shoes. When we got home I lifted Shelby out of the car and told her to run in the house and I would carry her shoes. Walker protested at the idea of getting his feet cold and started to put his shoes on in the car. I went in and Shelby was patiently holding the door open for me. Walker was still putting on his shoes. I felt a considerable amount of pressure on my bladder as I climbed up the steps from the garage. I scurried off to the bathroom. After returning back to the kitchen I passed Shelby running away giggling. As she passed she snickered "I locked it!". I could hear Walker banging on the garage door. I went and unlocked the door. Shelby returned behind me and I scolded her "Shelby! Don't lock Walker out that is mean!" Walker followed with "Yeah! That's mean!" She got quiet and slammed the door behind walker. She collapsed against the door holding herself up by the doorknob. She was mad. After a few moments of silence she stamped her foot and screamed "I'm not mean! I'm a...LIT-TLE JERK!!!" Walker and I couldn't stop laughing. Having felt satisfied that she had defended her name she was back to her normal self again.


2 comments:

T-rev said...

I have often felt this same frustration that Shelby encountered. She was clearly trying to be a Jerk and you thought she was mean. I often like to trick people by telling them funny things. But then they believe them and want to mark me a liar. Look if I tell you that I saw your neighbor kill and eat your dog, and you believe me and key their car and then yell at them. How is that MY fault??

Jen said...

What is cutie! We need to get together this summer and play.