Monday, April 21, 2008

Coolest thing EVER!!!

So... today I am in Fresno. Earlier today I was in San Francisco tailing the VP's and acting as the paparazzi taking pictures of them. They are out touring the system, which they do every month and I get to follow them around like the yearbook staff geek that I am an photodocument the events. I got into San Francisco about an hour early before the rest of the entourage showed up, and I was heading towards the bathroom. A family of a mom and a dad and two girls passed me. As they passed I saw a pink coat with a furry hood laying on the ground. I picked it up and chased the family down and said "Excuse me! Did one of you drop this coat?" The father looked at it and said "Right-o! So we did! Cheers mate!" in a thick English accent. the phrase rang in my head "Cheers mate!" as I considered the sheer volume of awesomeness I had just been heaped. Some people go all of their lives with out hearing "Cheers mate!" Mentally I checked off one of the 100 things I must experience before I die. I had the feeling that if he had a pint he would have raised it to me and a whole bar full of Brits would have chorused "Cheers!" or "Here Here!" or "Smashing!" or "Brilliant!". It unexpectedly turned out to be one of my most favorite experiences of my life. Cheers mate!


0 comments: