Friday, March 28, 2008

Homework

I was just checking on our poor neglected blog. If our blog were something different, like... a dog (Whatever, it sounds like blog) It would be sitting in the back yard, skin and bones with a nervous, dejected look on it's face. It would be tied to it's house with a short lead of chain. The area covered by the chain would be clearly marked by dead grass, dust and poop. It would spend most of it's time sitting and shifting anxiously on it's front legs. Occasionally it would yelp a small bark of hunger and thirst.
I have the day off to catch up on my homework. If my homework were something different... it would be a parakeet laying lifelessly in the bottom of it's cage. It chirped a few times the first day we had it. I soon realized it would never learn to say anything cool like "Polly want a cracker" or "too legit, too legit to quit". I quickly grew bored of it, never fed it and it died. But today! I have warmed up the defibrillator and am prepared to resurrect the parakeet... I mean my homework. But then I saw the poor dog out in the back yard. He sure looked like he wanted a fresh bowl of water, a heaping scoop of Atta Boy someone to play fetch with and needed a good brushing.
I am sure I will get around to the dead bird sometime today. just as soon as I make sure there is NOTHING else in this entire world that is mildly calling out for my attention. Even if it is going outside, laying down in the grass with a ruler and trying to watch the grass grow.


3 comments:

Anthony said...

I have some extra rice krispie treats and we could play 'guitar hero'

Fonzareli said...

Hi. It's the evil twin. Blah Blah's evil twin that is. You dont know me and no, I am not a stalker. Thanks for getting off your arse and watering the dog. I occasionally, (but not lately because there hasn't been anything to eat, I mean read), log on to your blog and get a good belly laugh.

T-rev said...

Poor Blog.... My parakeet needs the old difb as well but nope I'm here with your dog... I mean Blog.